APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) formerly known as the Introductory Certificate
The achievement of the Project Management: Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) (SCQF Level 6) is an excellent way to demonstrate a basic awareness of project management and how projects differ from 'business as usual' activities.
The Qualification was developed by the Association of Project Management, the chartered body for the project profession and provides a fundamental awareness of project management terminology. Delivered by fully accredited trainers with extensive experience of applying the APM approach, the course ensures that you gain sufficient understanding to be confident in the practical application of project management as an informed team member.
The course follows the syllabus provided by APM, which is built around the APM Body of Knowledge 6th edition. It provides delegates with a broad understanding of the underpinning tools, techniques and principles that are fundamental to successful project delivery.
This course is suitable for those looking to gain an understanding of project management, or those who are not directly involved in project management but who wish to become familiar with project management processes and key terms. It is also ideal for project managers as a pre-cursor to more advanced certification such as the the APM Project Management Qualification.
This training course is a mixture of input and practical sessions, delivered by an APM approved trainer. All SPOCE trainers have practical experience of projects. Practical sessions are on an individual and team basis and feature throughout the event. The examination is a 1-hour multiple-choice exam taken at the end of day two. The results are usually available from the APM within four weeks.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe a project’s context and its relationship with project management
- Describe ways in which projects are controlled and monitored
- Describe project success criteria and benefits
- Define the governance and people through whom projects are delivered
- Carry out stakeholder analysis and describe ways in which they can be managed
- Plan a basic project
- Describe the project scope model including the dimensions of cost, time and quality
- Work through elements of scheduling and resource management
- Recognise risks and issues and how they are managed
- Define project quality management
- Manage communication in the project environment
- Explain principles of leadership and teamwork
- Project management and the business as usual operating environment
- Project lifecycle
- Management structures by which projects operate
- Project management planning
- Scope management including cost, time, quality
- Scheduling and resource management
- Risk management and issue management
- Project quality management
- Leadership and teamwork
Key Examination Information
- Assessment is through a 60 question, multiple choice online or paper examination, taken over one hour.
- The examination is available online so candidates can take it at anytime, anywhere through live online proctoring.
- Candidates can book their online examination at a time to suit them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 360 days a year.
I am delighted to advise that Leadership International Limited is an accredited provider of APM courses. If you are seeking to enhance your project management capability please contact Ian on email@example.com for an indication of the best approach for your or...